NiteFly NiteMix External Fishman Piezo Preamp

Discussions of the NiteFly NFV1-8, NFV-M, and NFV-SA models
vjmanzo
Site Admin

NiteFly NiteMix External Fishman Piezo Preamp

Post by vjmanzo » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:46 pm

For those who may not have seen one of these in the wild, this is the external piezo pre-amp that shipped with the original NiteFly models that had a passive Fishman powerchip:
Parker_Nitemix.jpg
As per the NiteFly History document Parker Guitars released, the NiteFly 1 and NiteFly 2 models utilized the NiteMix (about the same size as a guitar stompbox pedal) as the piezo pre-amp:
NiteFly_info.jpg

Mr303
Forum Veteran

Re: NiteFly NiteMix External Fishman Piezo Preamp

Post by Mr303 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:10 am

vjmanzo wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:46 pm
For those who may not have seen one of these in the wild, this is the external piezo pre-amp that shipped with the original NiteFly models that had a passive Fishman powerchip:
Parker_Nitemix.jpg

As per the NiteFly History document Parker Guitars released, the NiteFly 1 and NiteFly 2 models utilized the NiteMix (about the same size as a guitar stompbox pedal) as the piezo pre-amp:
NiteFly_info.jpg
VJ?
Where do you come up with these cool toys and trivia?
This is nothing I’ve ever heard of nor expected.
Much nicer to have it all on-board rather than as another loose piece of equipment.

vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:29 am

Mr303 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:10 am
Where do you come up with these cool toys and trivia?
Hahaha well, admittedly, I’m obsessed with Parker guitars; how they play/sound, how they’re made, and the history. Up until recently, you could piece together some sense of the Parker Guitars history from the official site and forum, so, since those are gone, I don’t want the information to be completely lost or hard to find! Also, @Ken Parker and @Terry Atkins are both members of this site, so, if I get any information wrong, they can chime in and correct me!
Mr303 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:10 am
Much nicer to have it all on-board rather than as another loose piece of equipment.
I agree! However, you do save a little bit of weight by having the piezo preamp and the 9-volt battery as outboard components; lightness was, of course, part of the Parker Guitars philosophy back then. The NiteFly is, naturally, heavier than a Fly, so I think that was part of the motivation for a passive piezo system for the first two NiteFly models.

rolandotabora

Post by rolandotabora » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:13 am

Anybody's got the Schematic for the NiteMix?

vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:30 am

Hi @rolandotabora; I don’t have it, but, in principle, it functions similarly to the internal Fishman preamp that was installed in the NFVM3+.

Are you looking for a NiteMix specifically or just looking for the functionality?