About the Fly Clone Project

Announcements and news
vjmanzo
Site Admin

About the Fly Clone Project

Post by vjmanzo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:36 pm

the Fly Clone Project is a research endeavor intended to maintain, recreate, and adapt parts used on original and early "refined" Parker Fly* guitars. ‪The project began in order to address the growing and eventual need for replacement parts and services related to Parker Fly guitars including adaptations and modifications;‬ the Fly Clone project will continue to exist as an independent research effort regardless of and unrelated to the status of Parker Guitars.

Note: If you are looking for stock OEM parts, we strongly recommend that you contact Mike Gallenberger at Gman.music on Reverb or wiguitar on eBay to see if the part you need is available in his stock.

-Phase one of Fly Clone Project is to model or source every component of the original Parker Fly guitar as well as some aspects of the early "refined" Parker Fly and some other models; this includes a comprehensive list of all bridge components, electronic components, screws, and so on. Producing CAD models of all components will ultimately allow us to fabricate parts through 3D-printing and machining methods.

See the Anatomy of a Fly to check the status of Phase one.

-Phase two involves determining how best to make the “cloned” parts available to Fly owners through this website with a sustainable workflow.

-Phase three involves the creation of the advanced and specialized tooling used to create specific Fly components including the fretboards and stainless steel frets.

-Phase four involves the adaptation of existing parts for new functionality and operation, and ultimately: experiments toward new innovations.

Project work began in spring 2018 and will continue indefinitely as part of the ongoing research of the Electric Guitar Innovation Lab.

*All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Parker Guitars, Parker, Fly, Fly Guitar, and NiteFly are registered trademarks of U.S. Music Corp, a division of Jam Industries, LTD. Use of these marks does not imply an affiliation with U.S. Music Corp, Parker Guitars, or its parent companies and does not imply an endorsement by these companies.

billy
Fly Veteran

Re: About the Fly Clone Project

Post by billy » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:37 pm

:D :D 8-)
Billy

Spruce spruce and CF forever...

alber.t
Fly Veteran

Post by alber.t » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:28 pm

This is great news. Two talented friends working together, only good things can happen. Finally in 2019, this is the best news for the "Loyal Parkers Enthusiasts". Thank you for making it possible.

vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:58 pm

Thanks, Albert--great to connect with you on here, my friend!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11, Fly Concert ' 98, Fly Maple Custom '01, Fly Nylon '99 info

Patzag
Fly Veteran

Post by Patzag » Wed May 22, 2019 11:22 am

Well what do you know!
This is awesome. I really wanted a home away from the home forum in case of disaster and you made that happen VJ. Awesome.
It’s funny to see “Newbie” under my name here though!!!
I’m looking forward to be an active member here.
Patrick

vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo » Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm

Awesome, Patrick! It’s great to see you here! Totally agree: great to have a contingency!

You’re definitely not a newbie when it comes to Flys—not in real life or on this site; I think your new rank is more appropriate ;) Thanks for being a part of this!
Fly Mojo '05, Fly Deluxe '07 w/Sustainiac, Fly Mojo '08 w/Sustainiac, Fly Concert '97, Fly Classic '03, Fly Deluxe '97, Fly Artist '10, Fly Deluxe Redwood '93, Fly Bass FB-4 '03, NiteFly NFV3 '97, Fly Mojo 12-string ‘11, Fly Concert ' 98, Fly Maple Custom '01, Fly Nylon '99 info

Tangerine~Fly

Post by Tangerine~Fly » Thu May 23, 2019 12:14 am

Awesome concept and very nice execution.

Thank you for taking on this project.

Patzag
Fly Veteran

Post by Patzag » Thu May 23, 2019 10:49 am

vjmanzo wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:55 pm
Awesome, Patrick! It’s great to see you here! Totally agree: great to have a contingency!

You’re definitely not a newbie when it comes to Flys—not in real life or on this site; I think your new rank is more appropriate ;) Thanks for being a part of this!
That’s funny! I like my new title!
And I see the old cronies all got it too.
That’s cool!

vjmanzo
Site Admin

Post by vjmanzo » Thu May 23, 2019 1:54 pm

@Tangerine~Fly : thanks for the kind words!

@Patzag : haha! Yes, It's a special distinction for all the old Fly obsessives who make/made the official forum awesome!